Terms of Service
Mission — Privacy — Warranties — Disclaimers — Copyrights
There are a couple of things we would like you to know about how we do business and what our terms and conditions are for use of this site, its content and services:
1. Our mission is to provide our site visitors with the ability to search for a Merchant Account Provider based on their businesses needs and budget. We also strive to provide the most complete information about payment acceptance/processing on the Internet. To the best of our knowledge, all information you will find on this site is accurate. We are focused on providing detailed information on different Merchant Account Providers and information on payment acceptance/processing. We can not guarantee that this material, or these services, is going to produce specific results.
3. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software or content found on the Internet, and we caution you to make sure that you completely understand the risks before retrieving any software or content on the Internet. Please Note: Unless specifically noted by each link, MerchantSeek may have no direct affiliation with the Web sites linked to and does not necessarily endorse these sites, nor have they endorsed MerchantSeek. We believe these sites to be run by reputable companies and to contain accurate and useful information. However, the software, links and content found on these sites is not under our control and therefore we cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety or suitability of this material.
4. Almost all the content on this site is protected under copyright laws. If we don’t own it, someone else does. If you would like to re-use any of this information for any purpose other than originally intended, we are happy to give you permission, or help you seek permission for content we do not own, upon receiving a written inquiry. It is ok to cite our content if you put a reference with a link back to MerchantSeek.
5. MerchantSeek is a for-profit enterprise. The content and services contained herein were created or assembled at considerable time and expense. We aim to make you successful, and to do so, we will only work with people who respect and value our knowledge, time, and services. MerchantSeek is compensated by merchant account providers for new accounts referred to them from this site.
and now, a few words from our attorney…
1. Upon notice published on MerchantSeek, we reserve the right to modify the Terms and Conditions or the Acceptable Use Guidelines, amplify them, and/or modify the prices of our content and services, as well as discontinue or change the content and services offered. Your continued use of MerchantSeek content and services following such notification will be deemed acceptance of the modification.
2. By using this site, or information linked from this site, you understand that MerchantSeek cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Service will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Service for the reconstruction of any lost data. You assume total responsibility and risk for use of the service and the Internet. MerchantSeek does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the service, any merchandise, information or service provided through the service or on the Internet generally, and MerchantSeek shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Service or on the Internet generally. MerchantSeek does not warrant that the content or service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the content or service will be corrected. The Service and the software are provided on an “as is, as available” basis.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL MERCHANTSEEK BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN RELATION TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE STARTUP-BIZ’S CONTENT OR SERVICES. STARTUP-BIZ’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY SHALL BE AT STARTUP-BIZ’S OPTION. EITHER RETURN OF THE FEES PAID FOR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR REPLACEMENT OF CONTENT AND SERVICES TO YOUR SATISFACTION. However, some jurisdictions may not allow a limitation on liability for negligence that causes death or personal injury, and MerchantSeek limits its liability in such jurisdiction only to the degree allowed by the applicable laws.
4. You may not use MerchantSeek content or services for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. MerchantSeek reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrong. Activities which are prohibited as potentially illegal include, but are not limited to:
– Unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials including, but not limited to, digitization and distribution of content available on or from MerchantSeek.
– Exporting software or technical information in violation of U.S. export control laws.
– Posting or transmitting charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to pyramid schemes. Posting or transmitting any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users of the Service for goods for services except in those areas (e.g., a classified bulletin board) that are designated for such purposes.
– Threatening bodily harm or property damage to individuals or groups.
– Making fraudulent offers of products, items, or services originating from MerchantSeek or its affiliates accounts.
– Attempting to access the accounts of others set up on MerchantSeek, or attempting to penetrate beyond security measures of our or other systems (referred to as hacking) whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
– Posting or listing articles which are off-topic according to the description of the group or list or send unsolicited mass e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) e-mail users, if such unsolicited mailings provoke complaints from any of the recipients.
– Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through MerchantSeek services.
– Distributing viruses to or from MerchantSeek systems.
– Disrupting any MerchantSeek newsgroup, chat room or discussion group with frivolous, excessively vulgar or repetitious postings.
– Posting or transmitting any message anonymously or under a false name.
– Posting or transmitting any message which is libelous, defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
– Posting or transmitting any message, data, image or program which is indecent, obscene or pornographic.
– Interfering with other users’ use of the Service.
– Posting or transmitting any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive or hateful. It is not the Service’s intent to discourage you from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, MerchantSeek reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in cases where the Service is used to disseminate statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful.